An event to promote
Shop The Neighbourhood is a free national initiative that celebrates the fact that shopping local makes a difference.
A huge success in 2014, Shop The Neighbourhood is back this year and better than ever in cities across Canada.
November 28, 2015
Make a purchase in your
neighbourhood and take advantage
of exclusive event day deals.
Your contribution is important!Participate
Why local shopping matters
- Creates jobs.
- Creates neighbourhood prosperity.
- Keeps dollars close to home.
- Community oriented.
- Keeps decision-making power close to home.
- Reduces environmental impact.
Shop The Neighbourhood's Proven History
Shop The Neighbourhood is an initiative of Yellow Pages, a company with a century-long legacy of working with Canada’s small businesses, helping them attract customers and contributing to the growth of local economies. Yellow Pages knows firsthand how much local shopping and local businesses matter.
Piloted in February 2013 in downtown Oakville, Ontario, the official launch of Shop The Neighbourhood was held in the Greater Toronto Area later that year on November 30th. The campaign gained national reach in 2014, mobilizing communities across the country. With the event day sandwiched between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, a day that Canadians would normally be shopping online or across the border, we were able to best demonstrate the larger impact our dollars can have locally, and the positive benefits to our local economies.
- 200 Business Associations participated encouraging local shopping in their neighbourhoods
- Over 8,000 small businesses joined the movement
- More than 6,000 deals & promotions were offered
- Over 750,000 Canadians shopped in their neighbourhood that day
- $119 was spent on average at their local businesses
- $89 million went to Canada’s local economies as a result
- 1 out of 2 Canadians stated their shopping behaviour was influenced by Shop The Neighbourhood
How to participate
I own a business
Put your best products on display, break out the yellow decorations and get ready for the big day!Get ready